Photographs reflect wonderful memories and make us nostalgic. Photographs also give us an idea of how much we have changed. Similarly, Nepal has also transformed a lot since the last 100 years. Today, we are going to show you some historic photographs of Nepal. So, let’s take some glimpse of vintage Nepal and few of its classic moments.
1. No internet, No T.V. During old times, all we had for mass communication was Radio.
2. Blue freak street in the 1970s. Present day Basantapur Durbar Square area.
3. The first ever car brought in Nepal in 1922
4. Telephone lines being laid in Newroad, Kathmandu.
5. Look at the Peepal tree which we still could see on New-road.
6. Here comes the Mountain Hero Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Edmund Hillary
7. In the wedding ceremony of the beloved late king of Nepal Birendra and Queen Aishwarya
8. Tribhuwan International Airport in 1966 A.D
9. An aerial view of Boudha Stupa in 1967 A.D.
10. Tibetan refugees inside the Bouddha premises
11. Durbar Marg
12. Boudhanath Stupa
13. Newari Bhoj being served on Yatkhabahal
14. I can even see Dharahara on this photograph
15. Kamalbinayak Pokhari, Bhaktapur
16. New road gate on 1908 A.D.
17. Merchant selling pots in Kathmandu
18. Thapathali Dharmashala. The Bagmati river looks wide and wonderful.
19. Nepal’s First Movie Theater.
20. The paint of taxi looks like leopard skin
21. The famous chowk of Kathmandu: Indra chwok
How was vintage Nepal for you? Was it better than recent Nepal? Share us your view.