There are lots of smartphone brands available in Nepal. They are for people with different budgets, tastes, and preferences. So, it is up to you to find a smartphone that suits you. Here we have Top Smartphone Brands In Nepal:
However, here is the list of top smartphone brands that we have chosen. We came up with this list by paying equal importance to price, performance, and design.
Ok, there is this Samsung vs Apple on most people’s minds. Mostly, in terms of brands, you might have heard about three smartphone brands Apple, Samsung and probably Huawei. Samsung’s brand value, according to Forbes, for the year 2018 was $47.6 billion a lot less than of Apple. But we still think Samsung must be the number one smartphone brand for its durability, range of phones. Moreover, most Nepalis cannot afford Apple.
- Authorized Center: Integrated Mobility Solutions Pvt. Ltd, KB Plaza, Beena Marg, Kathmandu
- Website: http://www.ims-np.com/
- Social media: https://www.facebook.com/samsungnepalofficial/
In 2018, Apple’s brand value in the market was $182.8 billion. This is far more than that of Samsung. But taking account of affordability, we think Apple is second to Samsung in terms of brand importance and visibility.
- Authorized Center: EvoStore, Sherpa Mall, Durbar Marg, Kathmandu
- Website: https://evostore.com.np/
- Social media: https://www.facebook.com/evostorenepal/
According to the 2019 first-quarter report, Huawei is second to Samsung in terms of market share. However, the main difference is that Huawei is extremely competitive in terms of pricing without sacrificing too much in quality.
- Authorized Distributor: Call Mobility Pvt.Triveni Complex, Ramshahpath, Kathmandu
- Website: https://consumer.huawei.com/np/
- Social media:https://www.facebook.com/HuaweimobileNP/
Xiaomi is another quality smartphone brand based in Beijing. During its initial years, Xiaomi used to be labeled as an iPhone copycat. However, now Xiaomi has changed itself. They have now become one of the most heard and economical brands in Nepal.
- Authorized Center: Vatsal Impex Pvt. Ltd, Panchayan Marg, Thapathali, Kathmandu
- Social media:https://www.facebook.com/XiaomiNepal/
These smartphones are designed to take clear and crisp pictures. They are like our next best smartphone brand Vivo on the list. However, most Oppos have metallic bodies making them attractive among consumers. Moreover, Oppo users swear by its audio quality and speed as well.
- Authorized Center: Telecell Pvt. Ltd
- Social media:https://www.facebook.com/oppomobilesnepal
Vivo as a brand makes low-cost and mid-range phones. This brand is built around their cameras to provide a better experience for people addicted to selfies. Vivos are often perceived to be little behind than Oppos.
- Authorized Showroom: Pako, Newroad, Kathmandu
- Website: https://www.vivo.com/np/
- Social media:https://www.facebook.com/vivoNepal/
OnePlus phones are quite good and can easily compete with other quality but highly-priced brands like Apple and Samsung. However, people have complained of faults and defects that the manufacturer just ignored. So, please do your homework before buying.
- Authorized Center: 351 Basantamarga, Babarmahal, Kathmandu
- Website: https://www.olizstore.com
- Social media:https://www.facebook.com/nepaloneplus/
This company also had its bright days in Nepal. Colors brand specializes in budget smartphones only. However, they have already sold substantial numbers of their phones in Nepal. This shows that they covered certain market segments well.
- National Service Center: National Service Center, Kathmandu
- Website: http://www.colors-mobile.com/
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/colorsmobilenepal/
Yes, you saw it right it is among Top Smartphone Brands In Nepal. Lenovo also makes very good smartphones and we have come across a few people with Lenovo smartphones. However, their smartphones are just not that popular compared to Laptops they make.
- Authorized Center: Lenovo Nepal, Dilli Bazaar Road
- Social media: https://www.facebook.com/lenovonepalofficial/
Well, Nokia used to be the world’s biggest mobile phone manufactures. However, the introduction of smartphones made their phones obsolete. But Nokia is now back and is competing quite well. Just keep your eyes open and look out what they will be bringing to the market.
- Authorized Distributor: Paramount Electronics Pvt. Ltd, Bira Complex, New Road, Kathmandu
- Website: https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/all-phones/
- Social media: https://www.facebook.com/nokianp/
Other honorable mentions: LAVA, HTC, Intex, LG, Micromax, Motorola, and Sony. So what do you think about the list we compiled. If you disagree, let us know why and what we have missed.
Like most Nepalis I use Samsung & I am happy.