It is quite hard for most Nepalis to afford Australian education. However, if you are a bright student, you might be eligible for scholarships. The good news is that Australia grants more than $500 million AUD per year to international students.
There are several types of scholarships you can get such as for tuition, for accommodation or both.
Some scholarships cover the full amount for the duration of the course, others a portion of this cost and some for a year only. Most of these scholarships are based on merit.
You might be wondering which institutions provide scholarships. Here is the list.
- Australian education institutions themselves, search for these scholarships in the institution’s website
- Accommodation providers such as residential colleges provide scholarships as well
- Australian Government provides an extensive range of scholarships
- Some organizations in Nepal and Australia also provide scholarships
- Finally, do check with the Ministry of Education Nepal
Few tips on searching for scholarships.
- Start as early as you can
- Prepare all documents rightly and on time
- Find out in which scholarships are open for you
- Apply carefully making sure there are no mistakes
- Apply for as many scholarships as possible
- Keep your eyes open mainly on the net for scholarship openings.