Muktinath is a Vishnu temple that holds religious importance in both Hinduism and Buddhism. It is located at an altitude of 3,710 m in the lap of the Himalayas. Muktinath is also one of the most sought after trekking destinations in Nepal.
Also known as the Jomsom-Muktinath Trekking, this trek will take you into the deep valley of Mustang. With picturesque views of the Himalayas and the diversity of Nepal at every step, this trek will surely leave you breathless in wonderment.
- Location: Mustang, in the Annapurna Region of Nepal
- Trek Highlights: Jomsom, Marpha, Kagbeni, Kaligandaki river, Muktinath Temple, Tatopani: natural hot spring
- Trek Duration:9-14 days
The trek duration for the Muktinath trekking depends on your personal preference and time. Similarly, there are several trekking trails you can follow to reach your destination.
Here is a nine-day itinerary you can follow,
Starting point: Pokhara
- 1st Day: Fly to Pokhara and Trek to Tikhedhunda
- 2nd Day: Tikhedhunda to Ghorepani
- 3rd Day: Ghorepani to Tatopani
- 4th Day: Tatopani to Ghasa
- 5th Day: Ghasa to Marpha
- 6th Day: Marpha to Kagbeni
- 7th Day: Kagbeni to Muktinath
- 8th Day: Muktinath to Jomsom
- 9th Day: Fly/Drive to Pokhara
Have you been on Muktinath trekking? Let us know in the comments!!