Do you know that meditation is going mainstream? Apart from monks and yoga practitioners, many CEOs, celebrities, and ordinary people practice meditation daily. People who meditate gain better focus and control in their life. If you want to stay calm, you should try meditation. Here are fun facts about meditation that everyone should know.
Here are the 15 interesting facts about meditation. After knowing them, you will probably think about practising meditation.
History of meditation
1. The word “Meditation” has Proto-Indo European origin meaning “take appropriate measures.
2. One of the earliest records of meditation is a wall art found in the Indus region that dates back to 3500 BC. The artwork shows people meditating in a classic yoga pose with crossed legs and hand resting on knees.
3. The earliest written record of meditation dates back to1500 BC. It is mentioned in the Vedas.
4. Mediation is practiced in Judaism, Hinduism, Jainism, Sikhism, and Buddhism.
Health benefits of meditation
5. It has been observed that children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), who practice meditation, improved their concentration in school.
6. Meditation is effective to ease lower back-pain than medication, therapies and even surgery.
7. Meditation lowers cortisol level in the blood, as a result, reducing stress and decreasing the risk of stress-related diseases.
8. Meditation slows your brain from aging.
9. Many women have stated several benefits of practicing meditation such as a decrease in guilt, more self-compassion, and mindfulness.
Work and meditation
10. Google provides over a dozen meditation courses for their employees. They even have a meditation room.
11. Meditation is a memory booster and keeps you focused.
12. Meditation enhances creativity and innovation by reducing your stress hormone.
13. Mediation also helps you build a social connection. It improves kindness, empathy, and mental endurance, even in children.
14. Even a 10-minute mindfulness meditation can lower distracting thoughts from anxious people.
15. Moreover, meditation keeps you calm. A calm mind always takes the right decision.
Deepak Chopra and his team of 33,061 set the Guinness World record for the largest online meditation in history. All of the meditators were present via live-streaming and meditated together for 30 minutes.
So, what do you think? Why not meditate to stay healthy and beautiful? Please comment your feedback below.
If you like this article, please share it with your friends and family.